I've recently boycotted the library. Not for anything that they did wrong, other than charging me all those late fees when I'd bring my books back..well...late. It has to do more with my irritation that has caused more than one adult tantrum, at not finding the books that need returning. Let me preface this by saying that we are a book friendly family. We have lots of our own books, I love to read and my kids love to read and be read to. I value its importance etc. But what I don't value is my time wasted hunting these little buggers down. We manage to keep most of them in a designated library book bin at our house, but there are always one or two that go MIA and they are nowhere to be found so then a good hour or 2 or more is spent looking for these things. I get so frustrated by the whole ordeal that terrible things come out of my mouth like "I'm going to throw all your books away!", or "We are never going to the library again!" So lately we really haven't gone to the library and each week that passes I feel like I'm depriving my kids of some amazing stories that are out there. There has got to be a system out there to relieve this stress in my life.
I'm open to any and every suggestion that others have for keeping their books in one designated location. Please share.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am with you 100%! I try to wait until my library has their food drive when you can use cans of food to pay off your late fees, but I still end up paying cash as well. I had one book hiding under the seat in my car for a good month after it was due. I should have just kept the book after all the money I spent on it.
Chill out you caged wombat. Go to the library and get the girls some books. Make them put them back every night so you don't have to hunt for them when its time to go back.
And can you guys and the girls meet us for pizza next Friday or Saturday night? I'm buying. Maybe in Keizer or somewhere in between?
Chill out you caged wombat. Go to the library and get the girls some books. Make them put them back every night so you don't have to hunt for them when its time to go back.
Post a Comment