Being the third has its advantages and disadvantages. She is mostly referred to as baby, eg.. "Go get baby" or Can you feed baby? or Did you change baby? She gets lugged around from this errand to the next, in and out of the car seat. Naps get interrupted by school pick ups and drop offs and classes for the girls. But on the other hand this girl gets smothered in kisses almost constantly from her sisters and her parents, she has lots of hammy-down toys to choose from, and the girls are constantly singing to her in their prettiest voices.
I was contemplating this today when she woke up for an earlier than usual breakfast. It was just her and I and as usual she was generous with her smiles and giggles. I looked at her and thought about how precious she is and how quickly she seems to want to grow...too quickly. Despite all of that I hope she knows that even though there never seems to be enough time to give her all the kisses and snuggles and one on one time that I'd like to, every inch of her from her sweet little toes to her fat chubby cheeks is LOVED.
1 comment:
Oh, we love our Lainey Loo so much! I wish I could be there to snuggle with her and kiss those sweet little cheeks too....and her sister's cheeks as well!
Post a Comment