Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A Big Discovery...or maybe just a reminder


This is my wrist lonely, lost, unpunctual, and frazzled... I can't remember when this necessity began, but I have absolutely needed a watch ever since I can remember. In fact, I don't know how one lives without having one. It has basically become just another appendage for me, a part of my body. I sleep with it on, clean with it on, work with it on, and even shower with it on. On Christmas Eve I made a huge mistake by taking my watch off, after some prodding from Tegan, to keep her entertained a while longer. She wandered off with it and I have yet to find it (and trust me I've looked). I was going crazy every time I would look down at my bare wrist. Then vacations came and time really didn't matter so much. Now that real life has resumed and time is of the essence I NEED a watch. Tommy makes the argument that I can just carry around my cell phone, but a bulky phone in my pocked that I have to take out every time I want to know the time (which I found out averages about every 5-10 minutes) is just not practical. I tried calculating time by where the sun is at in the sky, but all I see are clouds. So last night after searching and searching and searching and then nearly having a breakdown, I came to the realization that I would just have to break down and buy a new one.

This is my much happier, peaceful, more organized wrist. Now I'm sure I'll find my old watch soon and it will probably be right under my nose. But that's okay. I've learned it can't hurt to have a back-up.

No comments: