Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Gift of Time
Right at the tail end of enjoying a long weekend together as a family, our little Lainey decided to get sick. As everyone seems to experience at one time or another this time of year, a sick kid can really put a wrench in a busy week, but on the flip side it can also give you the gift of some unaccounted for time. Not that I would ever wish illness on my kids, but sometimes it is nice to have an excuse to just be quarantined in the house, wear pajamas all day, catch up on some things that have been put off for too long, blog, or just hang out with the kids without feeling any pressure to be doing something else. It feels like free time--time that is always taken up by the daily routine. So while I'm hoping and wishing for a speedy recovery of my little one, I also thank her for this day she has given me to just sit, relax, and cuddle with her for as long as I want to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We want our Lainey to get better quickly, but I'm so glad her Mama had some down time and respite from the daily grind...tomorrow will be here all too quickly I'm sure, so just enjoy!
I feel just the same about sick days, and snow days... :)
Post a Comment