Saturday, February 16, 2013

Spreading The Love

We love the month of February here in our house. The girls love the idea of getting lots of candy for Valentine's Day, they love making sugar cookies and I love any extra reason to give them of why they need to show love to one another and to everyone else. 

We started off the celebration early with our annual fondue party with the Johnson's. This year they hosted.


The food was delicious. My favorite is probably the cheese fondue. We had apples, apple sausage, steamed cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and a baguette to dip with...so yummy. We had chicken, steak and shrimp for the oil. All very delicious, but the steak had my vote. We decided next year rather than oil we'll try a broth. The chocolate was chocolate so I suppose it doesn't really matter what you dip in there.




 This year Jess picked this little project for her valentines. I honestly can't find the source now, but it was made from miniature chocolate bars wrapped with paper and we put a little fish tail and eye on there. They were easy and pretty quick and CHOCOLATE so you can't go wrong.
 Tegan did a simpler version without all the accessories just writing her name on each one.
She has become a pro at tracing and cutting out her hand so we made this little card for the grandparents.

We made and delivered this boquet of goodies to Tom at his work. Again I found the idea online but I'm not sure where. He loves cliff bars and we stuck in a few of his other favorites. Tegan decorated the paper we wrapped around it.

Jessie made this lemon character for her teacher at school. She drew a face on it, and made a coat, blanket and bed for it out of felt. She was too embarrassed to actually bring it to her because she thought the teacher would laugh, but I thought it was clever.



The girls helped me whip together this heart shaped pizza. Not the most beautiful thing in the world but it tasted great.

Not the most flattering picture of us
We finished the celebrating the next night with a date night out with friends. We got all prettied up to go dancing, but due to poor planning on my part it fell through so we did the next best thing and went bowling :) It ended up being really fun we had our shoes that glowed in the dark, and they had some pretty catchy music to swing our hips to before shooting the ball down the lane.My black shirt I realized was not the best choice with the neon lights. I look like I had just wrestled with a cat.

In other news

Tegan and I got to see the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for the first time. She thought it was pretty cool, actually so did I, and Tegan got this little wiener whistle that she's been driving us nuts with ever since.

Miss Lainey Loo has taken to putting just about anything she can hold in her mouth.

And Miss Jess's front space just gotten a little bit bigger.








2 comments:

Gail White said...

Such a creative family! I loved the little fishies....so cute! Lainey is growing up so fast! Those little cheeks are irresistable!

Unknown said...

So cute! I am so excited to see you in March! YAY