Let's Just Talk about the Blueberry in the room
I happen to have a daughter that can get a little worked up and worried about things from time to time. Remember a few weeks back when we read the book Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and then watched the movie? Remember the part where Violet the habitual gum chewer eats the gum and turns into a blueberry? That part has been haunting my poor girl for weeks now. Several times we have had to reassure her that it's impossible for her to turn into a blueberry. That her full stomach is only because she finished a big meal. That the blue in her veins is the blood running through her body. Yes my girl is a worrier. In her sister's prayers it has now become routine for her to ask that Jessie not be turned into a blueberry. It seems silly. Tom and I often pass looks to one another trying to suppress a smile or a laugh, but how scary it really must be to think your body is going to turn blue and blow up to the point that you have to be rolled around and juiced to get back to normal and even then not truly normal because your skin stays blue. This silly movie has become like a horror film for the girl, and frankly at this point for me too. I will think twice before introducing them to one of my childhood favorites. Movies like Never Ending Story and Goonies will just have to wait their turn because for now we're sticking with Tangled and Curious George.
Monday, October 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omigoodness, poor girl, but that is hilarious! (so sorry I'm laughing over here!) lol
Well she's the cutest little blueberry I ever did see! I love this picture of Jessie!
Post a Comment