Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oh yes, Fall is here!

I feel like this year has been very kind to us weather-wise. When I was pregnant the temperature never got unbearably high. The summer had a few scorching hot days, which uncomfortable as it may be, I think is necessary. And we had a record 87 days without rain. So long that it almost felt like it might be gone for good. It made me extra grumpy when it did start raining the other day. Life is back to soggy pant bottoms, rushing the kids from point A to B outside, and wishing for an umbrella that floated along right above our heads since there are not enough arms at this time to actually carry one. But not to fret in a short 9 months the sun will pop its head out once again.

Believe it or not I actually am excited for the fall even if that means more rain. I love the festivities that come along with it and all the anticipation for the holidays and family. Here's what we've been up to so far.

Jess went to a pumpkin patch with her 1st grade class.

Tegan got to celebrate her birthday with her and Jessie's best friend Aneliz. They voted on dinner and a movie so we went to see Brave.

The girls both decided on matching haircuts.

Played in the leaves out back while they were still dry. The one enjoyable part about having leaves that fall in our yard for at least half the year. I curse our oak tree.




And a trip to our favorite pumpkin patch Bauman's. These girls didn't let a few sprinkles get in the way of their good time. 


No comments: