Friday, June 29, 2012

Our sweet Lainey Jean is here
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz
Length: 20 inches
Born at 1:08 pm on June 27th


I remember back last year at the very beginning of the pregnancy when I couldn't think about much else other than how at any moment I might vomit and thinking how this day would come when we would finally have her in our arms. It seemed so distant at the time, but now looking back time passed so quickly.
Each of our girl's arrivals has been special to us in different ways. Jessie was our first. She changed us from being a couple to being parents to a beautiful little girl, naturally that meant so much.  Tegan came quietly, so easy going and happy ready to be a companion to her sister and add elements to our family that weren't there before. Lainey is special in her own way too. Mostly because she almost didn't come. There was a time when we made the choice to be done having children of our own due to a health scare and advise from my doctor. We had decided to choose another route. But after careful consideration, prayer, and reassurance we decided to take the chance. Now Lainey is here precious and sweet. The moment she came into this world it seemed impossible to imagine our family without her. Every little movement intrigues us. We could watch her all day if time permitted. We love you Lainey!
Her sister's were so excited to meet her for the first time. They wanted to see every little part of her including her "feetsies". They were tripping over one another to bring her her toys and blankets and be the first to hold her. It seems like they've grown up so much these last few days. When feeding Lainey Jess is here right beside me breast feeding her swaddled care bear. I think this is going to be fun!

7 comments:

Gail White said...

How blessed we are to have Lainey in our family....what an amazing little miracle she is! I love the pictures of her sisters holding her with so much wonder in their eyes. We joyously welcome you Lainey and can't wait to meet you in person!

Gail White said...

How blessed we are to have Lainey in our family....what an amazing little miracle she is! I love the pictures of her sisters holding her with so much wonder in their eyes. We joyously welcome you Lainey and can't wait to meet you in person!

Maddy said...

She is perfect!!! I can't wait to give her little baby hugs!

Marci said...

She is beautiful and so are the rest of you. Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys and happy to know that things work out like they should.

Lis said...

Such a happy ending. Just thrilled for you guys, Tara!

Chelsea B. said...

Tara she is so petite and sweet! Makes me so excited to meet our little girl in a couple weeks. I am so happy for your family!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

I love her! She looks like Jesse in the picture right below the one with Tom. Our Caroline was born one hour before Lainey! Newborns are the greatest thing on earth! Miracles!