Vacation....sort of
My maternity leave has officially begun. Yesterday was my last day of work for the next 3 months. Usually I work right up until contractions begin, but this time I've got some preparation time. It's one of the perks to having a baby. We didn't really time it this way, but I love it that we will have the whole summer off. I envision lazy days around a kiddy pool in the backyard little baby in one arm and a book in my other hand while the older girls squeal and play. I keep having these moments where I think about all I need to get done today in preparation for work tomorrow and then I have a moment of giddiness realizing that actually relaxation time has begun.
I appreciate it even more because my last day of work was chaotic, long, and demanding so I happily welcome these next few months. Now if I can just get this baby to drop down an inch or two. I don't know what it is about our babies, but they all love to stay high and huddled up next to my cramped lungs and rib cage as if I have shards of glass down near the exit.
I started off my work vacation getting a pedi with a friend so any discomfort I have over these next few days I can just gaze down at my toes and hopefully find a little bit of joy.
Here's to hoping for some exciting times this next week, especially meeting our sweet little girl.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come on baby! We're all waiting!! <3
Post a Comment