Random Happenings
A few things have been keeping us busy lately. Here's a quick recap of some of them
1. Lots of Doctors appointments- I get the purpose of them and I know they're important, but driving an hour out and back once a week can get mildly annoying, especially when you've been told at nearly 38 weeks that the chamber is still 100% sealed or in other words--zero dilation. I'm shooting for some more positive news this next week. Meanwhile I'll be climbing some mountains, doing jumping jacks, and any other method that might get things moving.
2. T-ball has finally ended-Jessie had her last game on Thursday and I was relieved, as was she, to hear that they would not be doing make up games for those cancelled due to rain. I will miss seeing my little chiquita run with all her might hidden under an oversized helmet.
3. Jammin- Tis the season for berries starting out with one of my favorites-strawberries. We made a couple trips this past week to local u-pick farms and feasted on fresh strawberries. My favorite time of year!
4. Nesting- In a conversation with Tom last night I completely overwhelmed him with the to do list swarming around in my head as if I'll never have another second to get any of it done after baby girl comes along. I find myself cleaning out odd drawers, scrubbing hidden areas, and planning 10 years into our future. What to do, what to do?
5. A baby shower- My awesome friends around here threw such a great baby shower. I was so impressed at the teamwork everyone put in to it and the generosity that was shown. So grateful to be surrounded by such lovely people.
6-The EPIC relay- Tommy ran the Portland to Eugene relay this past weekend and had an EPIC time. Once again making us so proud. I did have moments of envy, but also had moments of feeling grateful to have a good enough excuse to not get dragged into it. We had fun going down and visiting with a few friends in Eugene and watching Team Band on the Run come in.
7. Last but certainly not least--Father's Day. This year the girls made up a story for their Dad and drew pictures to go along with it. We made him the traditional crepes for breakfast and he got lots of love and hugs from all his girls. What a great father and husband he has been for us and we feel grateful and blessed to have him.
I also had the opportunity to spend some time with my own father this weekend and had such a wonderful visit with him. I love that he is so interested in our girls' lives and is willing to spend hours entertaining and playing with them. They love their Abuelo Bezzant.
No comments:
Post a Comment