Ahhh where to begin.... these last two weeks have been quite a ride. Naturally, life has changed for us. We're all in love with our new little bundle Lainey, but with her sweet little package also comes sleep deprivation, nursing, being stretched a little thinner, nursing, a little disconnected from the rest of the world, and more nursing. It's all been well worth it, but for my sake I hope that we're not judged on what is said in the middle of the night when it has been hours since sleep has been an option.
Soon after Lainey came home my mom flew in to pick up the girls and take them to a wedding in California. They were flower girls (and pretty cute ones) for a family member of ours in California. I was nervous about the separation from the girls, but it couldn't have come at a better time. Tom and I had five extra days of cuddle time with Lainey and a semi-quiet home while the girls got spoiled rotten by their Nana and lots of others.
Before they left we had a quick 4th of July celebration with cake and some fireworks.
My mom got to meet Lainey for the first time. I'd say she was one happy Nana.
A few pics of our new girl...
It's that time of year for the picking to begin...
My mom returned with the girls and it was so wonderful having her here. I didn't realize how much she was doing until she was gone. That's when I realized that there was no dish or laundry fairy, it was all her. While she was with us we tried to get out and do a few things that I wouldn't dare do on my own right now.
We tried to beat the heat at a neighboring splash pad and we questioned why we haven't broke down and got AC in our house yet.
The last thing that we did before my Mom's departure was a little family birthday party for Jessie. She wanted a Rapunzel cake so my mom ran with that and created this. I was pretty impressed.
Lastly the girls were surprised with this gift that we're hoping keeps them pretty busy this summer while we lay a little lower than usual. So far it has done the trick. I can't get them off of this thing.








No comments:
Post a Comment