Friday, April 13, 2012

Music to My Ears

My kids create a noise that I probably dislike more than anything. It is a high pitched whine that they produce when things aren't going their way. It makes my hair stand up, my body tenses, and at times I feel like steam is almost physically coming out of my ears. But somehow those same girls also manage to produce a noise that is like music to my ears. I can't think of much, perhaps nothing, that sounds better to me than the two of them squealing with laughter while playing. In those moments, no matter what's going on around me their squeals help me to be able to tune it all out and take me from what could be a chaotic, disorganized circumstance that is often my life to a more cheery, peaceful place. Part of me knows I should be recording it to listen to later, but I'd rather take my chances and hope that it's something that will continue for a long long time. I wonder, is it ridiculous to think they might do this as teenagers???

No comments: