Then I remember a few times that my patience was really tested and I think, "I can do this".
So here are some of the moments in my life when my patience was put to the test...
1. Waiting two years to see my then boyfriend, now husband again.
2. Waiting for our first and then second little girl to join the ranks of the living here on earth and trying to imagine how they might be or who they might look like.
3. Waiting with my thumb up in the air and hoping someone would stop and pickup an 18 year old with a broken down truck out in the middle of nowhere on my trek from Utah to Oregon.
4. Two BIG test results--The BAR (for Tommy) and the NCLEX (for me).
5. Waiting for the curl to magically disappear after the kinkiest perm ever (Thanks Mom)
6. Waiting for the boy that I'd been stalking for months in high school to finally ask me out.
7. Waiting for Twilight to come out in theaters (really embarrassed to admit to that one)
8. Still waiting to go back to Chile and have an empanada
9. Waiting for the kids to get in the car, bath, store, bed, and then back out again.
10. Waiting for my church talk to be over so I can breathe again.
I suppose the list could go on and on. Somehow, this time, waiting seems harder. Maybe because of the uncertainty, maybe because the changes could be HUGE for us, maybe because I'm just plum out of patience! But I will continue to wait because what else can I do?? Someday this too will be added to my "push to be patient" list and I'll be thankful for the experience, regardless of the results. Meanwhile, wish us luck waiting...
2 comments:
Oh Tara I can totally sympathize right now. We are waiting, waiting, waiting, to hear about jobs and for the right job to come along for Ryan and waiting, hoping to add to our family. It is so hard to wait. I feel like I have spent so much of my life waiting for various things to happen. Good luck! I guess all we can do is pray for patience and understanding.
I think life's lessons are in moments like these. We learn to become better people: more patient, more empathetic, more understanding. And in these moments we come closer to the person God want us to become. Good luck in the wait.
Post a Comment