Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All I wanted to do was make a chicken pot pie!

After almost a week with a broken oven the repair man came today to finally fix whatever was broken. After some banging around and a few grunts the problem seemed to be solved...or maybe not.
I was happy to have my functioning oven back and for celebration I decided to make my first chicken pot pie. Tom looooves these things. I got the kids busy with an art project and started prepping the dinner. It ended up being a little more work than I thought, not to mention halfway through I had to deal with this...

A few minutes later with the kids in the bath, the oven preheated, and a hungry husband home, I was ready to pop the pie in the oven--and that is when I heard the blasted beep. Sure enough the oven was actually not fixed at all.
So I have this beautiful pot pie that I was really quite proud of just sitting there. Luckily after a couple phone calls my friend Shannon so graciously let me borrow her oven for a half hour. After a scary car ride there, some baking, and an even scarier car ride back, the hot potpie was ready to eat. The kids took one look at it and ran, but Tom gave it two thumbs up and it definitely exceeded my expectations, but it doesn't erase the fact that I JUST WANT MY OVEN BACK!

No comments: