I love Mothers Day. Partly for all the obvious reasons; waking up to breakfast in bed, the pitter patter of little feet with my girls voices singing Happy Mothers Day, sweet pictures drawn and heartfelt cards, not to mention the chocolates given at church (much better than the flower in my opinion), and all the credit given (some earned, some maybe not). I think mostly though for the reminder of the job we do and how important it is. To realize the responsibility as mothers can be overwhelming to me, but I love knowing that I can play a part in shaping who my little girls become. That I can help teach them what's important in life and who to rely on.
I feel blessed that I have been surrounded by such amazing influences in my own life. First and foremost my own mom who has been an amazing support throughout my life. She has been an example of hard work and love and a shoulder to cry on. Tommy, well he's just the best! I've also been surrounded by other family members and friends who I admire so much as mothers. I learn so much watching them interact with their children and seeing the dedication they bring to their roles as mothers. Lastly, my own two girls that make being a mother pretty awesome. Sure we have our moments, but I can't imagine it being any easier than they make it for me. They are patient with me and forgive my weaknesses so easily. They are generous with their hugs and snuggles, and right now they seem to think I'm one of the coolest people ever. I'm gonna ride that train for as long as I can knowing at any moment that could change.
Love you Tegan and Jess. What a privilege it is being your mom.
I feel like I just gave an "acceptance of an Oscar speech" only I'm holding up a golden diaper instead.
1 comment:
Golden diaper. Love it.
Post a Comment