Sunday, May 15, 2011

A little over 12 hours

In a little over 12 hours we will find out if we are to be parents to a beautiful little 15 month old boy. My heart pounds with anticipation wondering and hoping that we are the family right for him. Part of me wonders if I've told too many people, only to be possibly let down, but I've decided that the support we've received from so many in this adventure exceeds keeping tight lipped and feeling like I might burst from excitement. Maybe part of the reason I'm okay with being open about this is because I do believe that what's right for us will come in due time. Maybe that's tomorrow or maybe it's next year, but we feel good about our choice to adopt and so we will wait patiently for that special someone to join our family.

Meanwhile we are soaking up as much quality time as we can with the girls realizing that our normal routine may soon be disturbed. Although the girls don't fully understand the adoption process, they know that we are trying to get another child for our family and they are excited. Jessie even contributed some art work to a family book that we put together as part of the process.

On a completely separate note, here is a couple pics of the kids.


Jessie and the newest addition to the Lenox family, our niece Taylor. What a chubbers. We sure love her.


All 6 Lenox cousins together. Jess is the oldest. We're not wasting any time in this family supplying Tom's parents with plenty of grandkids to love. So far little Eden is the only boy.
Jessie ready to go to crazy dress-up day at preschool.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

YAY! I was just thinking about you guys today and wondering how that was coming along. I am so glad that this has been an enjoyable experience for your family, you will make a wonderful family for a special little person. Keep us updated as soon as you hear!!