Honesty is the best policy??
Each day when Tommy comes home from work the girls run to greet him in a TV like fashion shouting "Hooray for Papi!" and "Hold me! Hold me!" The "TV like fashion stops there" I am not waiting for him with his slippers in one hand and the paper in the other. I'm usually a little more exasperated than that. Yesterday soon after Tommy got home we were making our way over to our friends house for dinner. Both the girls insisted that Tommy carry them. I, of course, felt bad to just be strolling along hands empty. But what was I to do?? I offered to help, but the girls wouldn't have it. Tommy made a comment along the lines of "Wow the girls really just don't like Mommy today." The sting of that comment was quickly removed when Jessie replied "No mommy, I like you"...and then that same sting came back with a vengeance when she followed it up with "but sometimes I don't like you." No sugar coating there. I'm not sure if my happiness for her honesty beats out wishing that she could have sugar coated her feelings a little bit to spare the minor heartbreak. But, you know, if I'm being completely honest here, sometimes when my little angels are testing every limit that I have, I too feel tempted to turn to them and say "Sometimes I don't like you". And then the guilt overcomes me for ever having such a thought. But honestly speaking I guess at this point I just need to be thankful that she's not screaming in my face "I HATE YOU MOM!" Oh please please don't ever resort to that...
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Tara, you crack me up. And you tell it in a way that makes feel like I was actually there when it happened. That made my night, thanks.
If it makes you feel any better, I always like you. :) And when you're feeling like that, feel free to give me a call and tell me you don't like me. I bet that would help. :)
oh man. that was good stuff! a sense of humor is what keeps exchanges like that tolerable. and speaking of senses of humor, i love yours jiblet!! =)
Post a Comment