Friday, January 30, 2009

A few things in my house that I love..

This Simplehuman garbage can has been awesome. It was a little pricey for what you'd want to spend on a garbage can, but well worth it. Tom and I purchased it with a gift certificate shortly after we were married. It has the foot pedal so you never have to touch the icky garbage. I don't have to see the garbage or smell it. I never thought I'd be so in love with a garbage can.
These puzzles are from Discovery Toys. They come in a set of nine. Jessie has always loved puzzles so I'm always on the lookout for new, different ones. These have been my favorite so far. They're progressive so there are three with 4 pieces, three with 6 pieces, and three with 8 pieces. So far, they have been a hit in our home.
My Aunt gave me this Kitchen Aid electric chopper, whisk, and mixer. I use this thing constantly. The chopper is great for nuts, onions, garlic, and pretty much anything I need to dice. Even better, it's not a pain to clean. I use the mixer for shakes that I'm trying to fatten Jessie (my little stick figure) up with. Again-much easier to clean then a traditional blender.
I got this IKEA dish set from a good friend a couple years ago and love it, love it, love it. They are the perfect size for my little eater and the utensils are safe and furniture friendly. When Jessie tries to stab the dinner table-it leaves no mark.
I love the foam dispensed soap. I learned from a friend, who learned from a friend, that to make this you just add 1/3 soap and 2/3 water to the soap dispenser. This has made washing dishes not quite fun, but tolerable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool stuff Bazzant!

Kristin said...

We have the IKEA dish set and we love it as well, and they're so cute.

Chelsea B. said...

Isn't that the best trick with the soap? My grandma told me that, so when we ran out of soap last week, I just filled the bathroom soap dispenser up with dish soap and water!