A Few of my Favorites, as of Late...
Every once in a while I like to document some of my favorite things I've been enjoying. Maybe because later I'll look back and laugh at myself, or maybe because I'll be reminded of how much I loved something and become excited about it all over again. Whatever the reason some of the things I have thoroughly enjoyed lately are...
1. Apples and almond butter.
We go through a lot of almond butter in our house. Tommy eats it by the spoonfuls. I can't do that, but I'm happy to put a giant hunk of it on the end of an apple or celery stick. We've finally found our favorite almond butter at WINCO. It magically grinds the almonds right before my eyes with a push of the button. I love it!
2.Energy
It's back, for the most part, and I'm loving it. All these projects I didn't even have the energy to think about a few weeks ago are now fresh in my head and I feel like I'm finally accomplishing a little more than feeding my kids and sleeping. Tom refers to it as nesting, but I think it's a little early for that.
3. Tums
I've been awaking in the middle of the night to awful leg cramps that make me want to scream out in pain, but I've found that if I'm consistent with my tums, I get a restful nights sleep and less indigestion. It's a win win situation.
4. Herbal mint tea and creamer
This was something I became addicted to when nothing else sounded good. I love curling up on the couch after the kids are down, flipping on the TV, and sipping my little concoction.
5. Jessie is reading
This has brought me much joy. It hasn't been easy and at times I felt like it wasn't going to happen anytime soon, but she's on her path to reading Spanish novels. If we can just teach her how to read English now.
6. Spring Break and a trip to a warmer place coming soon
The excitement of a vacation to a great place is enough to keep my engine running for a long time. The other day when it was stormy, cold, and downright yucky I cursed the state we live in wondering why we stay. The next day when it was sunny I felt bad for my snap judgement and remembered some of what I love about Oregon. Doesn't change the fact that in a few weeks we will be in sunny California surrounded by citrus trees and sunshine and I can't wait.
7. Pinterest
A few friends kept raving about this site and when listening it just seemed confusing to me, but I'm now on board and love it. I see how someone could spend a lot of time browsing around, and that's fun, but really I just love it for the ideas that some other, more creative person came up with and I get to use. The stuff for the kids has been my favorite part.
Addendum
8. Downton Abbey
How could I possibly forget Downton? It entertained Tom and I for weeks. Is it a soap opera? Yes, but It's a British one so that's different. Can't wait for season 3. Just one year to wait.
Sunday, March 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment