Thursday, March 08, 2012


Proud of Big Sister




Today was a beautiful sunny day. Tegan has already learned to take advantage of sunny days, knowing they can be sparse this time of year. She played her little heart out with her friend. By the time I picked her up she was exhausted. It wasn't long before I was hearing her sweet snores from the back seat on our way home. It makes for a quiet ride which is nice, but getting her out of the car and to the bed doesn't always go real smoothly. She cried and cried in bed. She gets in such a tired haze that I can rarely pull out of her what the problem is. Jess came up to me and asked if she could help and suggested that maybe Tegan needed her. When I went by a little later to drop some things off in the room Jess was standing by Tegan's bed singing Tegan's favorite song "Wonder Pets"to her. It did little to console Tegan in her bad mood, but it sure made me smile. This isn't the first time and I know it won't be the last that Jess jumps in to help take care of her siblings. I was so proud of big sister today.

2 comments:

Gail White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail White said...

I'm so proud of her too! The best big sister a little girl could ask for!