Happy New Year to everyone!! Just like many some of my New Year's resolutions consist of exercising more, eating less, and shedding the 10 pounds I gained over the holidays. Every year I think I'll resist and I don't. In fact, I go beyond not resisting and just choose to eat everything in sight. I decided to go a step further this year and rather than trying to stay healthy with my somewhat unhealthy way of cooking I want to try to learn to cook a little bit healthier. Today I was presented with a perfect opportunity. I had some bananas decomposing before my eyes and thought rather than throw them away and wonder why my kitchen stunk like rotten bananas later on, that I would make some banana nut muffins so I pulled the canister of wheat flour out that I purchased weeks ago, and some yummy applesauce made this summer. I used this recipe as my base and tweaked it to how I wanted it. Here's what I ended up doing.
3/4 cup wheat flour and 3/4 cup white
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup applesauce
3 ripe bananas mashed
1 handful of chopped walnuts
I mixed andd baked as directed in the recipe. Mine took 14 minutes in regular sized cupcake tin at 350 degrees.
The end result...
Maybe my expectations were lower because of the substitutions, but I was pleasantly surprised with how moist and flavorful they were. Stay tuned for more experiments.
2 comments:
Those look SOOO good! I'll be expecting some on my doorstep any day now...
These do look good! :)
Post a Comment