Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Counting down the Days
Warning: some sappiness included...If you are scrooge, an angry elf, or just not in the Christmas spirit sled on over to another blog.

I LOVE this time of year. I love everything about it-- the decorations, the tinsel and twinkling lights. Caramels melting in my mouth, Christmas songs dancing around in my head, the smell of pine, mittens, Tegan's little hands plucking ornaments off our tree, Jessie's wide eyes as we explain how plump old St. Nick squeezes down our chimney to bring her gifts, and then widen again as we explain Jesus's birth. I wish I could wrap these feelings up to open on occasion throughout the year. Especially in January when all the anticipation and excitement are gone and life gets back to that everyday routine again. We've enjoyed preparing and counting down the days. I've loved being reminded again of the humble beginnings of our savior and wondered what it would have been like to be there. I'm grateful for all the blessings that become so much more apparent to me this time of year.

These are a few of my favorite things.

FAMILY






FRIENDS




We've enjoyed time spent with great friends...

FESTIVITIES



Since this is the first year Jess is really starting to understand, and we want to familiarize ourselves with what Salem has to offer we've joined in the festivities here including, their Christmas Parade, Tree lighting (not that impressed), and a live nativity scene that our stake put on (they even had a camel).

FOOD

These cookies about sum it up. Courtesy of Jessie and Olivia...

...and FEVER

Yes Scrooge decided to curse our home with the yearly Christmas illness. Not one of my favorites, but it started with an F. Poor Jess.

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Dan and Ang said...

I love this post! It almost made me cry... I love all the pictures! (Even the one where I look a little creepy...)