Monday, January 11, 2010

Self-intervention



Over the last few months my chocolate consumption has increased greatly. It used to be that a bag of Peanutbutter M&M's here and there did the trick, then it evolved to at least a little bit of chocolate a day, and over the holidays it became out of control with the help of a few chocolate gifters (who have no idea that I have no self-control where chocolate is concerned). But, I cannot blame anyone but myself. I could choose to turn away from the pounds of chocolate sitting on my counter, but I don't. I promise myself just one, then it multiplies to two and before I know it I'm even eating the fruit filled chocolate ones that I don't even like. So I have something to say...

I AM A CHOCOHOLIC!!!

There I said it and now I feel better. Admitting it is the first step, right?

Now, what am I going to do about it? Well late last night I woke up and had one of those weird clear, but very bizarre thoughts that I just need to give chocolate a rest for a while. You know, quit cold turkey. I resolved to do it around 2:00 in the morning and then fell fast asleep. Technically I could count that as a nightmare and grab another chocolate, but I'm going to try to be a fighter on this one. So today has been hard. Around breakfast time when I dip into my first dose, I reluctantly turned away, later on in the morning I swear I started to get shaky, still, I fought it off. Now, I'm feeling alright, but I certainly don't think I've seen the worst of this monster.

I only wish I would have resolved to do this during daylight hours, that way, I could have binged on chocolate the day before this resolution started.

So anyone reading this knows I am on a no-chocolate diet. If you see my hand reaching don't hesitate to slap it away, but please be sensitive as well, and refrain from talking about the best chocolate mousse you've ever had around me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way. I am so weak when it comes to chocolate. Especially Mousse! If you ever come see me the no-chocolate rule will not apply. In fact, that's what we'll do all night long. It will be so much fun.