Top Twelve...
The move is quickly coming. In fact, at this very moment I am taking a break from the packing. I realize I'm excited for our new home and new neighborhood and city and new adventures. I'm also more than a little sad to be leaving this home. Honestly speaking in my 31 years here on earth Eugene has been my favorite place to live. In all other areas I've lived up to this point the pessimistic side of me has found at least a handful of things that bugged me about it, but Eugene has allowed no room for that pessimism. I know that it's not just Eugene the city that has made my experience what it is...it's the people, the ambiance, the flow. I really can't describe it.
I realize by saying that, some of you reading this now may be tempted to vomit, others may be nodding in agreement, and still others throwing there arms up in the air screaming "WHY?" This post is dedicated to all of you, especially to Eugene. Perhaps it will serve as a reminder to those who love it here exactly why they do, or maybe prove to others that Eugene is more than just hippees and compost, but mostly I think it will help me to get past the denial phase of moving and I can look forward with bright hopes to our new home.
My Top Twelve Things I have loved here (there are many more)in no specific order.
1. Parks, parks , and more parks.
2. Chicken Bonz (technically it's in Springfield).
3. Exploring the running trails with my girls.
4. All the local farms and produce.
5. The desire to be a little ok a LOT more green.
6. Prince Pucklers (sadly I recently went there for the first time only last summer).
7. People that actually pick up their dog's poop.
8. Friends, ward, and girls night.
9. The fear of hitting a biker when backing out or turning a corner.
10. How beautiful it is.
11. Date nights with Tommy.
12. Oregon football games at Autzen.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I still can't come to terms with the fact that you're leaving! Oh well. Good luck getting rid of me.
I couldn't agree more with you Tara! Winco just opened near us here in Utah and I had Oregon withdrawals last night. I miss it! I would love to move back to Eugene or Oregon. Maybe someday.... good luck with your move.
I can't believe that the Bonz isn't number one!!! :) Can't wait to eat there again on Friday. We will miss you guys.
I'm with Ang. I still don't believe you are moving.
Wow. Life was better than I thought it would be for you guys...while living in an armpit! hee hee! I hope Salem will treat you as well as Eugene has! :)
Post a Comment