Yesterday while I was getting Jessie out of the car, I noticed that she kind of stunk. I thought maybe it was her breath, but it was pretty powerful and seemed beyond halitosis. She was sleeping so I put her in her bed not thinking much of it. But when she woke up, it was bad. I kept asking her if she put something up her nose, but she denied it every time.
Tommy came home and I asked him if he had noticed Jessie's foul smell. He finished my question before I could. I started to explain to him that it reminded me of this little girl I'd once seen at a clinic I used to work at. Her mom brought her in insisting that something was wrong because her daughter really stunk. She was right, seconds after entering the exam room the smell had overtaken the air. We were baffled at what could make this sweet little girl so stinky. They had gone to the hospital and done CAT scans and x-rays, not finding anything and she demanded an answer. Come to find out she had a make-up foam tip applicator up her nose that had been rotting. The mother left with her stink-free daughter satisfied.
After explaining this to Tom he suddenly began to remember a few days back when we were moving and Jessie had approached him saying that she had something in her nose that she couldn't get out. Busy moving boxes he took a quick look and not finding anything consoled her and forgot about it. One week and two days of rotting later I laid her down (flashlight, saline spray, and tweezers in hand) to find a big chunk of foam stuck in her nose. Luckily it was low enough to grab with the tweezers.
Now, a day later Jessie is breathing easier and smelling better. And I am thankful for that stinky girl that came into the office one day branding that scent forever in my nose and helping us to solve the mystery.
And here is the culprit
3 comments:
eeeewwww! You see, those are the kinds of things parents have to deal with. I hope I never have to go through that even though it probably wasn't that bad. I just won't have anymore children if they do things like that. eeeewwww. haha. Glad you knew what to do.
Wow! I mean wow! How could she stand to have that in her nose for a week?!? You're lucky you had that prior experience to give you the idea to check her nose. Wow, I am still amazed. Oh the joys of parenthood.
dude. gross. that is sooooo gross! and i totally remember that bit about the girl who came to your clinic a few years ago. you and i both had a "yuck!" fest over that story back then - i can't believe it's happened to sweet little jessie!!! the picture definitely adds to the "ewww" factor!!!
Post a Comment