Sunday, November 29, 2009

Catch Up

I hate catch up posts because they are so long and a bit of an overload, but lots has happened and if I don't post now I'll be even more behind. We moved about three weeks ago. So far so good. We are getting used to our new place and it seems to get cozier and cozier each day. We decided to start things with a bang and host Thanksgiving dinner here with Tommy's family. Tommy and I both questioned what we were thinking to sign up for this, but it couldn't have gone more smoothly. The turkey was cooked through, nothing caught on fire, and we had plenty of food even though I completely forgot to set out two of the dishes I had made.

Here's a glimpse into our day...

Tom's family (notice the camping chairs)

The turkey and all the trimmings

Tom fulfilling his manly duty of cutting the turkey (does it count if he used an electric knife?)

Jessie adding her special touch of love to the rolls.


After Thanksgiving we hung out, did enough Black Friday shopping to get a new iron desperately needed, and had a visit from some friends down south. It was a relaxing, enjoyable weekend.

We decorated the Christmas tree so generously given to us by my Dad. The girls had fun just playing with the ornaments while Tommy and I took a walk down memory lane, listening to the Christmas music and reminiscing our childhoods.


Jessie and I made a chain to count down the days until Christmas



Here's a couple random pictures of the girls playing in our back yard.






And finally some pictures of our new home. I've hesitated because as you can see we've got plenty of space for our small family, but not much to fill that space with yet. It's gonna take a while, but for now we are just enjoying our new place.

This is our front room it drops down to the left after entering the home.

Here is the kitchen. I love the counter space. I have some changes planned for early next year and will post them when we actually do it.

Here is the Family Room. it is right next to the kitchen.

This is the Dining Room. I love this little space.

This is a spare bedroom that will eventually be made into a guest bedroom/office.

Sorry to post a picture of the bathroom, but we finally have two bathrooms. This is the one in our room.

Part of our hallway that goes to the girls room and guest bedroom.


More pictures will be posted later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it. Especially those dark hard wood floors. Sounds like you had a successful Thanksgiving. Miss ya

Unknown said...

Love it!! So excited for you to have a house. It's fun. And the projects that go with having a house, endless. Miss you guys. Next time you are in Utah we will have to get together.

HAMISH AND ELLEN said...

Yay! I love feasting my eyes on all the photos! Your new house looks fantastic! You all look happy and like you're settling in very well. :)

PS - tell Tom I'm disappointed that he used an electric knife, but I guess that's what happens when you live amongst DUCKS for 3 years...

Kristin said...

Wow, I love the house! I want to come see it sometime soon. I bet it's nice having all that extra room, and not having to squish everything you own in a tiny apartment....one day we'll be there too.

Chelsea B. said...

Cute house! We should come for a visit sometime!