I hate doing catch up blog posts, but that is exactly what I have to do now. For whatever reason blogging has not been as much of a priority to me. That makes me sad to think about because this is as close to a journal as I may ever get. Poor Lainey will have no idea what the first year of her life was like.
Part of the reason that blogging actually became less of a priority is because Lainey was pretty sick for a while. It was nothing life threatening and never warranted hospitalization, but it lasted over 3 months and included several Dr's visits and treatments and tests. Needless to say I was worried and I'm a worrier at heart anyways so it seemed to be all consuming for a while. Long story short, she is doing much better now and summer is here so we are officially is semi-relaxed mode, WOO HOO!
Here is my attempt at quickly reviewing the last month or so.
Tommy celebrated his birthday and the girls decorated our room for him. Yay for 33!
He played in a basketball tournament and I relived the glory days from when we were dating. Going to his college games and cheering for my man. He rocked it as always.
Jessie and Tegan had fun at an end of year carnival at Jessie's school and Jess had a little singing program at school.
Lainey took her turn with this hat that we've had since Jess was a babe. Love it!
Tom and I did a mini vacation at Hotel Fuller while my mom was visiting. We ran the Ridgeline Ramble together (which I highly reccomend) and had a great time visiting with them.
Tegan graduated from her first year of preschool. I plan to post more pictures later.
The girls discovered the fun of sprinklers under the trampoline.
The girls made coupons for father's day. It was cute to see what they came up with, foot rubs, date night with them, helping him do the dishes, and not whining to name a few.
Our first batch of raspberries.
Tom's sister Sandy and her husband Sam were sealed in the temple so we had J&J's family in town for that. I love this pictures of Joel and Tegan chatting together. It was a beautiful weekend and I'm so proud of Sandy and Sam.
Portland to Eugene Relay. It was so much fun to do with everyone and we loved doing it with the Johnsons.
Tegan and Lainey helped me pick strawberries after jamming, freezing, and eating them we had a few left over for some shortcake. She makes a lovely assistant.
1 comment:
I loved this little walk down memory lane! Tara, you do an incredible job of keeping up! Believe me, after my last visit, I have a new appreciation for all you do. Thanks for sharing your precious moments. Your little family is growing up before our eyes and it makes me feel such a part even with the distance between us. Thanks sweetie!
Post a Comment