Moving at a Slower Pace
I'd like to start by saying that I love having Lainey in our family and it feels like she's been a part of it for a long time already. I can't seem to get enough of her smile and coos and those cheeks of hers just scream for kisses all day. That being said, boy has life changed. Four years in between kids doesn't seem like such a long time, right?? Well it was just long enough for me to get used to a perfect little routine that I had going with the two older girls. Life was no longer about feeding a baby, changing diapers, sleeping babies, and sleepless nights. I had just celebrated Tegan being able to buckle herself into her car seat. I know there is no use in lamenting what used to be and I don't wish a life without Lainey, but where does the time go. Someday I'd like to log just how much time is spent caring for baby alone. Things are just BUSY! It's not like I'm really involved in all these extra activities. The only extra thing that I have post-baby that I didn't have pre-baby is a baby, but I guess that's enough. Everyone always said to me-"Just wait till the third, that's when it gets tricky!"It's not that I didn't believe them, I just had no way to prepare. So here we are, plugging along, just moving at a slower pace. And as I remind myself everyday (just to make myself feel better) that's ok!
Regardless of the slower pace, we are still moving. Here's the re-cap
First...
Jess learned how to ride her bike. We were so proud of her. We certainly didn't expect it only because, how can I say this...Jessie walks through life very cautiously, but here she is just pedaling away.
Over Labor Day weekend we got together with some of our good friends and made it a weekend of hiking.
| Silver Creek Falls with the Fullers. Beautiful hike and great company! |
| Opal Creek was our next hiking adventure. It was beautiful and my new favorite hike. |
The following weekend we met up with our friends the Johnsons at a beach house near Newport.
The weather was just about what you'd expect from a trip to the Oregon Coast, but that didn't stop the kids from getting wet, nor did it stop us from enjoying all kinds of comfort food, and having a good time. So grateful for the Johnsons.
And just to assure that Lainey isn't just two little legs hanging out of a pack...
![]() |
| Some of her first big smiles |
She loves going to class everyday lunch bag in hand. It seems like she aged 3 years just over the summer. Truth be told, I miss her. The selfish reasons include all the help she gave me with Lainey, and that her and Tegan kept one another entertained for hours. The not so selfish reasons being that she's just great company!



3 comments:
I don't know Tara, I think you're still marathon speeds ahead of me! You're doing awesome!
You better slow down some more or I'll never catch up! Loved your comments and pictures...never get enough of those little girl smiles!
I love you guys!
Yes...life does go at a much slower pace with a baby than without. I'm just barely feeling like I'm at a normal speed again since David... or at least have some downtime every once in awhile. And FIRST GRADE!?! Did you cry? Man.
Hang in there...
JU
Post a Comment