Sunday, June 05, 2011

Eyes Wide Open

I got all settled into bed and then it hit me like an asteroid on the head that again tomorrow we will find out if we will be adding to our family. I was so proud of myself playing it cool these last three weeks, busy with all kinds of projects and people and trying to focus on other things and then hours before there is no more avoiding it and little I can do to keep my mind off of it! So again my stomach is in knots and I wait with anticipation for tomorrow half wanting it to be 12:00 now and half wishing it was later only because if it is a no then we wait until a case worker is interested in us again with no future dates set.

Tom is very excited this time, even more so than the last...I hope it's good news.

Meanwhile we have...

Enjoyed a weekend of beautiful weather and taken advantage of it by getting a lot of much needed yard work done. I dug up I can't even count how many bushes--now we just have to figure out what to fill the empty space with.

Discovered a new park (Bush Park) that is now my favorite Salem Park, so much so that we returned the next day for a nice picnic together. I wondered why it took me a year and a half to get there for the first time.

Had a family gathering to celebrate Tommy's little sister Liz's return from Utah. So glad to have her back!

Planted a few extra things in the garden including, bush beans, cucumbers and some squash. Still need to get the tomatoes and herbs in some time this week.

Got overwhelmed with this nice weather thinking about all the things we could do to enjoy a sunny day ie. bike ride, tennis, swimming etc. Tommy reminded me in a calm voice that we will have other sunny days (which in reality is true) and then I reminded him that this was the first sunny weekend in like a million years and who knows when one could come again.

Ate some ice cream in honor of the weather, an endless craving for ice cream, and the joy I get out of watching my kids eat the ice cream.

Learning how to do indexing with Family History--one word, ADDICTIVE.

Well back to bed now to attempt some sleep again...Until tomorrow

Update: Another no for us. It is hard to hear, but we move forward with lots of hope.

1 comment:

Dan and Ang said...

It will happen. You guys are amazing. :) Love you all!!