Friday, February 18, 2011

A perfect Little Escape

I've been vocal before about how much January in Oregon seems to depress me. I've discovered that if I can slip away for a quick little getaway to somewhere warmer my January blues go away. Last year we went to My Aunt's house in LA and we decided to do a repeat trip this year. We were not disappointed. When we arrived and I started getting too warm in my jacket at the airport my expectations had already been met.
My lovely Aunt (our host) and my mother (from Utah).

The traditional pony ride at Griffith Park. My Aunt reminded me that this was something she did as a child. I remember doing it as a child as well. Last year the opportunity for Tegan was met with tears- this year...all smiles.

We only played around in the waves for a few minutes, but it was long enough for the girls to get stripped down to a diaper and undies and splash around a little.
The aquarium was great.



Time spent at the zoo was fun. Oddly, I think the girls favorite part was the play structure we went to towards the end. My favorite part--the fresh kettle corn.
Weird pic-I know, but this was inside a business Costco they have there. It was awesome. They had spatulas, knives, bowls, plates etc. for cheap. I got what my suitcase would allow, but wish I could have picked up more.
My mom the AMAZING tangelo picker....
and her little helpers.
And two happy little girls that were able to get some wiggles out. We stored up on some vitamin D, fresh fruit, and great memories to keep us going till spring and probably beyond. After a few days I was missing Tom and the girls were going a little crazy from the schedule change. Getting pelted with rain and heavy wind upon crossing the sky bridge in Portland, I knew I was home again.

No comments: