I have fond memories of Valentine's Day. Every year as kids my siblings and I would come home to heart shaped sugar cookies freshly made from our mom. I remember the anticipation of wondering if I might have a secret valentine and on a couple of occasions I came home to a dozen beautiful roses sent from my Dad. So I want to spread some of this love on to the girls. We did some fun things this year to celebrate the day of LOOOOOOVE.
This year we went for some homemade valentines for Jess to give to her classmates at preschool. This site had some great, easy ideas.
And last but most definitely not least some awesome fondue. I saw this idea in some magazine and thought we should make it a new Valentines Day tradition in our family. We did it a week early because we were out of town for the actual date. We had our friends the Johnsons over. We decided to go crazy and do three different types; oil, cheese, and chocolate. They were all delicious, but the cheese was by far my favorite. We literally ate for like 2 hours straight so I can't imagine really topping that. I was left dreaming about cheesy bits and pieces throughout the next day. Can't wait for next year...seriously I probably won't be able to wait until next year.
2 comments:
Yum!!
Oh man, just looking at that makes me want to eat it all over again! Did I tell you that I accidentally left the rest of that raw beef in my car for a week? It was so nasty!
Post a Comment