Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Halloween was met with its usual festivities. We went to a friend's Halloween party, dress up and all. Tom and I haven't dressed up in years so it was fun to finally do it again. We decided to go the cheap route and use mostly the stuff that we already had. What better way to do that than dress like each other. Since Jessie was Sleeping Beauty last year, she opted to be Snow White this year (minus the black hair). Tegan had an adorable pirates outfit, but the belled sleeves were driving her crazy so we squeezed her into her pumpkin outfit from last year and she was happy as a pumpkin could be.

Friday night, post party, was one of the longest nights I can remember. Tegan woke up at 12:30 screaming and vomiting all at once and then proceeded to puke every 15 minutes. Jess must have been jealous that me and T set up shop on the couch because at 1:30 she woke up with the same routine. Lets just say that the washer and dryer were on full-time duty for the next 24 hours and portions of our house smelled entirely of vomit. They must like there Dad better than me because when it was his shift to watch them, the vomiting abruptly stopped. On the bright side it lasted about 8 hours and was gone and the kids were real troopers through it all.Jess even felt good enough by the evening to go to trunk or treat with her friends. All in all it was a good weekend and now we've got some yummy candy to snack on now and then when the kids aren't looking. And heaven knows we will definitely be careful not to eat ourselves sick!





5 comments:

the Richards said...

You make a dashing Tom!

megan said...

You guys are great! I should try this next year. I don't know if Noah and I could pull it off as well as you and Tom did.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Ha ha ha! I seriously laughed so hard when I saw these pictures. Is Tom wearing makeup? And I love the five'o'clock shadow on you...so convincing!

Dan and Ang said...

That look on your face in the first picture of you Tara seriously about made me pee my pants.