Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful for things both big and small

Tis the season to be extra grateful for all that we have. I am, of course, grateful for all the big things in my life: my family, the gospel, health, our home, food, peanut butter M&M's etc. It's the little things I want to pay tribute to today...

I'm grateful for bobby pins. I use them every day of my life to keep the bangs that I always so badly want, but then hate having.

I'm thankful for those IKEA chip clips that I use on just about every bag of food big or small in my kitchen.

I'm grateful for the feather pillows my great Aunt so graciously gave us for a wedding gift. It has given me so many wonderful nights of sleep.

I'm grateful for texting. It has allowed me to communicate with others yet be just the right amount of antisocial at the same time.

I'm grateful for that one in a million shopping carts that just rolls on down the isle without veering to the left or right or just plain stopping all together.

I'm grateful for skirts. I've never been much of a dress or skirt wearer. They really go against my nature, but skirts seem to be that happy medium--a little dolled up, but not too much.

I'm grateful for naps. I LOVE and I mean LOVE a good mid-day nap. It doesn't need to be long. I just need a few minutes in dreamland.

I'm grateful for salad. I've never been super excited about eating or cooking vegetables. A salad is a way to get all the daily recommended vegetables in one sitting. It's got to have croutons on it though.

I'm grateful for outhouses that have hand sanitizer included. Oh what a difference that makes.

I'm grateful to sometimes be able to ride in cars that have those car seat warmers. A warm bottom really is nice. We'll probably never own a car with that feature, but I'd be happy to pretty much drive anywhere if we did.

Oh the simple pleasures...

1 comment:

Dan and Ang said...

Why am I not surprised peanut butter M&M's were on your big things list? :)