This last week we had some fun adventures with the kids. Saturday we ventured out to Drift Creek Falls with some friends. A beautiful hike just off the beaten path on the way to Lincoln City. It's amazing what beauty is out there just hidden away. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a quick (1 1/4 mile there) hike with kids. If you don't mind getting a little car sick on the way. The roads are all twisty. The most exciting part of the hike for me was the suspension bridge. When I heard it would be there I pictured some kind of Indiana Jones scene where the rope would break under pressure and we'd be hanging on with one hand trying to pull ourselves back up, but no luck. It was a smooth trip across with just enough shaking to cause a little excitement.
The beautiful falls.
I know what you're thinking "Jessie's four and still in the pack??" But it's worth not hearing "I'm tired of walking" two steps into the hike.
We got to go to the pumpkin patch with Jessie's preschool class. It was just a quaint little patch in Independance Oregon. We've been enjoying these beautiful sunny days and luckily this was one of them.
3 comments:
Ah, only Jessie would be tiny enough to still fit in the pack! :)
wow it looks like you guys are having loads of fun. OD pumpkin looks sweet. that bridge looks flippin awsome and a wee bit creepy.
Anyone with a toddler completely understands why you don't want to hear whining on your beautiful hike. We'll have to try that hike sometime, it looks like fun.
Post a Comment