To my Little One...
This is a thanks of sorts to my younger daughter who will eat just about anything. I can't describe the feeling of being able to feed her just what I've made and have it gladly accepted. You name it, she'll eat it. Broccoli, cheese and potato soup, spaghetti and meatballs, peanut butter sandwiches, oatmeal with blueberries. No special meals and no worrying that I'm starving my child because I refuse to give her chicken nuggets for all three meals. There is a down side to this of course--she really will eat anything. I've found toilet paper, plastic toys, lint, hair and much more in her little mouth and who knows what's made it past there.
Not to say that I'm resentful of my older girl for being a little bit more selective. Because of her, I've become an expert at sneaking fruits and vegetables into her diet, and planting oatmeal, cheese and other things where she would least expect it. I'll admit I spent many hours worrying, making separate meals, racking my brain and bugging my friends about how to best handle the situation, only to discover later on that it was really all for nothing. It still takes a little more work and some bribery, but she's up at the table eating just what we're eating.
Now I know at any moment things could change. Tegan is still young and tomorrow she may decide to follow in her sister's footsteps, but at least now I'll save myself the trouble of worrying.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way. Dax will eat almost anything. Sometimes he does pick and choose though. He goes through phases. It does feel so good to have your little one eat what you've cooked that night though.
Post a Comment