Oops Moment
One of the things that annoys me about myself is my absentmindedness, and anyone who has had more than a five minute conversation with me knows exactly what I'm talking about. I have several "oops moments" a day. Some more significant than others. I think some may definitely be blog worthy and hopefully blog readers will get a good laugh...even if it is at my expense.
My most recent blog worthy oops moment was the other day on the way to a friends house. I had whipped up a batch of what one of my friends claimed to be "the best chocolate chip cookies ever". They were pretty good. I put them on a plate covered them in foil and off we went. I placed the cookies on top of the car (1st mistake) while plugging Tegan into her seat and then jumped in and as we were backing out we heard kind of a bumping noise on the car. We looked at each other and then continued on (2nd mistake). About 1/2 a mile later I realized that that bumping noise wasn't a cat, dog, or meteor, rather they were my "best chocolate chip cookies ever".
We turned around hoping that by some miracle our glass plate proved to be much stronger than it has been in the past, but to no avail. There on the corner of Willagallespie and Robin Hood layed the remains of our cookies. Tommy and I assessed the damage and with eye contact alone decided that although watching people pull shards of glass out of their gum's while they enjoy the cookies might be disturbingly funny, in reality that wouldn't be very nice.
Not wanting to be late we moved the remains off to the side of the road making a mental note to pick them up on the way home. We couldn't show up empty handed so we opted to bring a big tub of red vines (3rd mistake) only finding out later that we were not the only ones with that idea.
Tommy picked up what he could and disposed of it later that night, but I continue to be reminded of my silly mistake when I pull out of our neighborhood and spot small white shards of glass still on the road.
The lesson from all of this for me is 1) don't set things on the car ever again, because in most cases it is forgotten and 2) don't ever by a 4 pound tub of licorice if you're wanting to cut down on your sugar intake.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Three cheers for Tara! Thanks, that made my day. :)
I am so glad I got to talk to you today. It was my highlight. I left something on top of my car and drove off the other day too. Yes, I felt like an idiot. I even kept telling myself as I was buckling Dax in, "Don't forget your food on top of the car"..Sure enough 2 seconds later I was driving off without it!
I liked the Red Vines. One tub is never enough.
When I had my Jeep, I constantly left stuff on top of it and drove away. I never realized it until I heard it fly off the top and land in the road somewhere. :)
CONGRATS to Tom!! I heard, well rather saw, the news!
We are in Lake Oswego, so if you are ever in the area, we would love to see you guys!
Hey Tom,
Just wanted to say congrats. I am sure it feels good to have that behind ya.
Bryce
Post a Comment