Mothers Day--let's just say, it was interesting..
When I first woke up on Mothers Day, it started out just as I'd expected. Tommy was nice enough to let me sleep in, I woke up to some very cute pictures that Jessie had made for me and a a gift card for a massage mixed in with a few loving words from my hubby. Things were looking pretty good...and then everything started to unravel. One thing after another. It seemed nothing could go right. I kept thinking to myself " But this can't be happening, it's Mother's Day. When do I get to sit back, kick my feet up, and eat peanut butter m&m's???" Somehow, just like any other day of the year, we made it through. I felt warn out and a little cheated by the end, but realized that maybe I don't need that one day to feel appreciated and loved. I suppose the greatest rewards and blessings of being a mother comes when your child learns a new word, giggles when you pull a funny face, or cuddles with you when their sick. Yes, it was a crazy day. Did we survive?? Well we survived in that we made it through alive, but not without a couple good breakdowns on my part. My goal is to cut it down to one by next Mothers Day. Happy Mothers Day to all mothers out there just doing the best they can. Happy Mother's Day to my own mother who has taught me so much.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment