Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

The girls picked out a card they wanted to make for all their Grandmas this year. Out of all the choices they thought the jeweled purse. They had fun making it because it included glue, paint, scissors, but most importantly GLUE.





Jessie brought home a sweet gift from school. I don't usually get very emotional, but I'm gonna blame it on the hormones surging through my body right now, lately I have been a big cry baby.

The poem inside of that picture was this

Fingerprints

I know you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But everyday I'm growing
I'll be all grown up one day
And all my little fingerprints
Will slowly fade away

And so I've made these just for you
to help you to recall
Exactly how my fingers looked 
When I was very small

Author Unknown

I started crying halfway through the first line. A sentence or two about being able to be a mother... It is the hardest thing I have ever done (and I'm just getting started), but has brought me the greatest happiness I have had up to now in my life. I love my girls! And I love all the Moms out there struggling to be the best they can be, especially my own!

2 comments:

Gail White said...

Now THAT made me cry! I love the purses, and especially the little hands that made them!

Gail White said...

Now THAT made me cry! I love the purses, and especially the little hands that made them!