Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blame it on the Nausea

My blogspiration has again been halted, but not because there isn't plenty to blog about. I just haven't had the energy or drive to do it. This pregnancy feels no different than the last two, but for some reason this time I have no desire to sugar coat--frankly, I feel crappy. I feel both ashamed and guilty for being such a whiner this time around and even with all the mumbling and grumbling going on I am very grateful that we're able to do this again. So one of my New Year's Resolutions will be to suck it up and deal with it just a little better than I have been, of course, in making this resolution it helps to know that the worst is probably or hopefully behind me now. Despite feeling like at any moment I might lose my breakfast lunch or dinner here are a few things that have kept me going.

1-My sweet girls that have quietly played together in the other room while their mom takes a long afternoon nap.
2-Long afternoon naps
3-The dry weather that has given us the opportunity to take walks outside and get some nice fresh air.
4-Mint gum
5-Scent free people
6-A husband who has patiently listened to all my moans and groans.
7-The television (I've watched more these past weeks then I have all year)
8-The holidays have been a great distraction and I've loved being surrounded by family and friends.

In the big scheme of things I realize this is only a small hurdle and the end result is worth it 100 times over. I just need to keep reminding myself. So next time you see me and I start to open my mouth and complain, just bop me on the head and tell me to be QUIET.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

In the big sceme of things it really is only a small hurdle, so WHINE AWAY :) That's my motto at least. You have the rest of your life to be positive and lovely. Take advantage of this time. Seriously, though, I hope you feel better soon!!