Monday, December 05, 2011

A Bit Random

I'm up at 4:00 in the morning with my mind racing. I realize I should be sleeping right now, but can't. Here's a few random stories from this past week. Warning: they might not make sense.

Going to sleep at a decent hour has been a real chore for Tegan lately. The toys are right under her bed and every time I go in there to check on her her bed has literally became a toy box and she is happily sleeping amongst it all. Tonight I promised a chocolate tomorrow to the first one that fell asleep in hopes that Tegan would jump on board (Jessie is always the first one asleep and I often here her saying to Tegan, "I'm tired Tegan, and I'm going to sleep, I'll play with you tomorrow, I promise.") I went in shortly after to a very quiet room. When I got closer to Tegan's bed to clear the mountain of toys I saw a huge smile across her face as she laid there completely still, little trickster. I just had to crack up laughing.

We've been taking advantage of the beautiful weather and I've been taking the girls on their bikes to the park. We park at the foot bridge, walk over and a little ways more to Riverfront Park. The girls love riding their bikes all bundled. A few days ago I decided to treat them with a ride on the carousel too. Right before we got on Tegan said "Mommy I need to go pee." I told her to wait until after the ride and we would go. When we finished I'd completely forgotten her request and we went to go grab a treat from the gift shop. Tegan again reminded me that she "really had to go", again I put her off saying "lets just by the candy and we'll go". That was a big mistake and I was reminded that when a kid says they've gotta go, they've gotta go. Next thing I know she said "I'm peeing my pants right now, and I saw the puddle forming underneath her. By the time we got to the bathroom there was nothing left. Poor Tom had to leave work to rescue us. Lesson learned!

Things said that have cracked me up this week:

Jessie: (while riding her bike) "I'm all out of gas mom, I have no energy left."
Tegan: (while playing with Jessie) "Who are you and how did you find me?"
Jessie "I've got a great idea!" (Jess says this all the time and it always makes me laugh, sometimes it really is a great idea, but other times it's just waaaaaay out there.)
Listening to Tegan belt out On the Good Ship Lollipop in her New York accent singing "And there you awe, happy landing on the chocolate baw".

And now I'm going to attempt sleep, Goodnight.

No comments: