Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happenings as of Late...


Mostly we've been trying to relax this last couple of weeks till Jess is all healed up, but we've managed to squeeze a few exciting things here and there into our days...


A family friend of ours Holly, got married last weekend (doesn't she look beautiful). It was a pleasure to go and such a beautiful reception. I wish I had taken more photos. They had a carnival style reception equipped with corndogs, elephant ears, cotton candy...you name it, it was there.
The girls had fun with the bean bag toss. Jess got so serious about it that she ditched her new favorite food (corndog) to give it a go.
And who made those corn dogs...who else but my very own sister. And she did it quite well I might add. She herself is prepping up for her own wedding in October.
We took a family ride they were offering in a horse-drawn carriage. The girls were pretty fascinated by it all. The kids had a blast there they played and ate probably more sugar than they ever have within a 2 hour period. I think any other reception they go to over these next few years will pale in comparison for them.

Blueberry picking was our next adventure. I thought we got enough last year, but we've discovered that they're great with almost everything we enjoy eating for breakfast so we made sure to stock up lots this year.

My friend came over who will soon be having her first baby boy and we worked on making some of these together. I got this idea from my Aunt Julia when she made some with her friends. I was so excited about it that as soon as I got home from a visit with her I gave them a try. At first I just did a tie and bow-tie, but I decided to branch out and try something a little different this time. They are my new favorite baby item to make so if you're having a baby anytime soon this will probably be your gift from me.


Although not everything in our garden is doing great, the cucumbers are. I was excited about this because I've always wanted to try my hand at making pickles. The girls and I decided to give it a go. It was much easier than I thought it would be and they turned out pretty tasty for our first time around.
The girls enjoyed snacking on our left overs
All processed and ready to be stored.
I just had to throw this one in purely for entertainment. This is how Tegan was sleeping when I went in to check on her the other night. She was probably trying to make a great escape, but was so tired she fell asleep halfway there.

1 comment:

Dan and Ang said...

You guys have been having FUN! I love the pics - especially the last one. :) Cute Tegan! (And of course, I have to give you a hard time for the blueBERRIES...) :)