Nothing in particular, but something
Well it seems that life has for the most part picked up its normal routine again. And for the most part I think I'll accept it. Here's whats been happening this last little while...
1. Jess is back to school and loving it. She's finally able to tell me what she's learning and has actually taught me a few things (kinda sad). She is a little miffed that the boys don't seem to want to hang with her. I zipped my lip before letting it slip out that it won't always be that way. That would only open up a whole days worth of questions from her.
2. Canning, canning and more canning the last couple of weeks. I'm glad to be done. If anyone wants, come on over and we'll have some peach applesauce salsa stew with some fruit leather crumbled on top.
3. Happy Anniversary to us. We celebrated 6 years as husband and wife yesterday and it felt like I traveled back to our wedding day with the rain that fell and fell and fell, only I didn't have to wear a big white dress and worry about it getting dirty the whole time. The rain demolished our plans to go hiking and instead we got a babysitter and enjoyed and evening of good mexican food, shopping, ice cream, and the company of one great guy.
4. Finally got too tired of our bright yellow walls in the dining room and changed it to a different bright color. I won't spoil the surprise quite yet...but stay tuned.
5. Got a new calling at church and find myself again working with the young women. No complaints here. They are a lovely group of girls and I'm excited.
6. Won a makeover (for my face) from a recent service auction. I may finally learn how to apply make-up. Heck I may be unrecognizable by the end.
7. Watched my girls wrestling with each other and giggling on the floor and had one of those "I want to stop time" moments. I love being a mom.
8. Spot treated some nasty stains on our carpet with little hope, but a pleasant surprise when it actually worked. Guess I'll have to do that more often.
Life is GOOD.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary to a fantastic couple! I love reading your updates, makes me feel like you still live just down the road. :D
I'm a little disappointed at the lack of berry talk...Happy Anniversary! Glad things are going well for you - can't wait to see you guys again. Hopefully soon. :)
Post a Comment