Anticipation
I'm not sure what's happening, but I feel ready for summer to be over. Usually I dread the ending of the sunny weather and want to clutch on to every last strand of it until it finally slips away, but this year I'm ready to say goodbye to summer and hello to the fall and everything that follows. It feels strange that I'm craving hot cocoa in the morning and wearing sweaters for half the day. I can't make sense of it...so like everything I'm analyzing it more closely, and I think these things may be sparking the anticipation...
1. We have no air conditioner in our home and hot days can be dreadful.
2. Our grass is dead dead dead and in need of some of that magic Oregon rain.
3. Two trips to a local craft store with all the fall decor calling my name.
4. Sewing projects swimming around in my head that I've been putting off all summer.
5. Fall TV programs
6. An excuse to wear my warm cozy sheep skin boots again (No matter what shorts I wear with them it doesn't look quite right).
Even thinking about the leaves that fall and fall and fall off of some tree I haven't identified in our yard doesn't phase me much. So come along Fall and I will welcome you with open arms and maybe even a warm cup of cocoa with freshly baked cookies.
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YES! I hear you loud and clear. i want that too!
I'm with ya. I'm ready for fall too. And I'm SO glad you reminded us of your boots. Hooray for boot season! I hope you sleep with them on again. I'm waiting for the day that you show up at my house with those boots and some berries. :)
Post a Comment