Colorado and a few hours of Utah tooWe just recently returned from our family summer trip to Colorado. I was anticipating this trip so much and looking forward to seeing a lot of my extended family on my Dad's side that we either haven't seen in years or haven't seen enough of. We all decided to congregate in Colorado where my Uncle and his family own a mountain home.
The place was beautiful and surrounded by trees and of course the mountains. Some of us struggled in adjusting to the 8,000 ft elevation, but the company and beauty made it all worth it. Here's a little recap.

Happy to be on vacation together

Tommy doing the zipline they put up on their property.

Tegan being a little bit creative with her time

Spent the 4th at their home in Littleton lighting illegal fireworks for 3 hours. Definitely a change from the flowers and sparklers that Tom and I both grew up lighting.

This is a beautiful lookout point not far from their home. You can actually see the house in the background. This hike about killed are "sea level" accustomed bodies

Jessie's favorite thing was riding on the 4 wheeler...Tegan not so much.

We passed some time paint balling. They have forts and different things set up for it. It was my first time doing it. It was great shooting at others, but the pain of getting hit was just OUCH! We all had bruises afterward. The best part was those awesome pants I'm wearing in this picture. It actually caused a disadvantage because I could barely move in them.

Jessie and her cousin Nina eating pizza. I love this pic!

This pic was from a replication of a neat mining town in Fairplay Colorado. It was so great because they had all these houses, a dental office, post office etc. set up and you could go through and actually touch a lot of the things and sit on the beds and stuff rather than having it all roped off.

Never get tired of taking pictures of the kids eating ice cream. The mess and the smile are a perfect combination.

Tom flew home a little early for a conference and I drove to Utah with my sister-n-law Julie. Definitely some sleepy moments.

A little bit of time with Nana in Utah to top off our fun trip.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a lot fun on your family trip! How are you? I hope life is wonderful for you! Hope to hear from you soon! Have a great rest of the week!
Post a Comment