Thursday, May 06, 2010

Busy Busy Busy...

These last couple of weeks life has just flown by. I realize much of it is self-inflicted, but regardless it has just been a busy time and some of it was out of my control. As much as I might complain about it, I embrace it. Here's a run down of a few things keeping us busy these days...





Planting our very first garden. I've been looking forward to being able to do this for a long time. We've got sprouts of carrots, peas, and lettuce all popping out of the ground. I'm just crossing my fingers we get a few good crops this year.





Making some changes in our Kitchen. My Dad was kind enough to paint three rooms in our house. I don't think he'll agree to do it again anytime soon. We said goodbye to the southwestern style tiles and with the help of a friend of mine put in the white tile backsplash. We were pretty satisfied with the results.




Got to see some of our favorite people all the way from New York (Hamish,Ellen,Rowan, and Heath). While Jess and Rowan made cookies Ellen and Hamish helped us transplant from their dad's yard raspberry and strawberry plants and a whole slew of other plants that I still can't even identify. I love looking at our backyard now. It was so great to see those guys.


Had visits from some more of our favorite people...We also celebrated Tom's 30th birthday grilling up hamburgers on his birthday gift(so sad I didn't get pictures), mowed our lawn for the first time (desperately needed), rode the zipper at the Cinco de Mayo celebration, and....


Took time to eat some ice cream of course.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update my friend. Looks like things are going well with you. Your kitchen looks fantastic. Hope your garden works out for you. I was really wanting to plant one too, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Dan and Ang said...

Cute little Jessie and Teagie! I love all the pictures. I love the new backsplash! So cute!