Friday, March 20, 2009

Cookie Tuesday

We recently started a new tradition in our home. Every Tuesday Jessie and I get our aprons on and make cookies together before bedtime. We've come to an agreement that I measure out everything and she puts it in. We've made everything from chocolate chip to gingersnaps. It's been fun experimenting with different recipes.
Jessie carefully monitoring the mixing
The results of our peanut butter cookies
And our favorite part...eating the cookies.

Here's our latest recipe. They were moist and yummy!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Yields 3 dozen

1 c butter
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. (minature peanut butter cups (I just cut up the regular size)

Drizzle: 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tsp shortening (I used margarine)

In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handlye.

Roll into 1 1/4 in. balls. Press a miniature peanut butter cup into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (My oven runs hot so I did 325 for about 12 minutes-I like them more on the soft side). Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

For drizzle, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies (I put it into a small ziploc bag with a cut in the corner to drizzle).

Enjoy!!-and stay tuned for more posts of our favorites.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You have a little chef too!! Miss Jessie seems so responsible in her apron. Thanks for the cookie recipe.
Speaking of recipes...got that sweet and sour chicken recipe laying around somewhere? Man, that was good.

Kristin said...

Yum...sounds good, I especially like the chocolate drizzle on top. I am going to try that recipe. I love Jessie's apron, is it the one you made?

Unknown said...

Ya! It doesn't fit her quite right, but it was fun to make.