Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Sauvie Island and the Beach


I've always wanted to go to Sauvie Island, but since we moved to Salem it's not just a hop and a skip away from us. Summer was winding down and I was feeling a little bit sad that we hadn't really been able to hang out and swim somewhere. We were headed up to Portland to visit family so we jumped on the opportunity to give it a try. We LOVED it. It helped that it was a HOT day and the water was quite refreshing.



 The beach was our next trip. We went with our favorite peeps the Hathaways. It looks like typical Oregon Coastal weather and it was, at first. We even got to see a lightning storm our first night there out on the beach. We quickly realized it probably wasn't safe for us to be hanging out down there. We also noticed that the water was much warmer than I ever remember it being. I have no physical proof, but would you believe me if I said we actually were able to dip more than our big toes in the water??? We immersed our whole bodies in the water and actually enjoyed it. I realize this may never happen again which made it all the more exciting.


 A family gathering wouldn't be complete without a muscleman contest between the guys.
Lainey playing with her cousin lexi.

No comments: