Recognize a commonality to these photos?
And it all started here...
I didn't want to take away her one true love until much further down the road, but the vain part of me doesn't want my daughter having a big bald spot on her head. I tried to think of all these different ways I could solve the problem like a hat with fake hair for her to twist, or a wig, but I knew I just needed to get to the root of the problem--her fingers. And I did what any mean mom would do and painted her nails with the nastiest tasting stuff ever. Watching Tegan's face after her first post-nasty polish application was sad. She was surprised and confused. I explained to her the reason which brings me to another thing I adore about Tegan, she just rolls with the punches. She agreed that it was time to become a big girl and hasn't complained once about her nasty tasting fingers. She's happily let me reapply it. But I feel guilty taking away her best friend and a little saddened that I no longer get to see her happily sucking her fingers, and a little frustrated that it now takes her twice as long to go to sleep at night, but a little happy that she no longer twists at her hair, and finally a little unprepared to see my little girl becoming my big girl.
1 comment:
Sad you have to do that to her but it sounds like she is being great about the whole thing. What an amazing little girl. Isaac has the hair pulling problem as well but no thumb sucking I don't know what I am going to do about his problem.
Post a Comment