My Aunt reminds me every time I see her of the time she took me to Disneyland as a child and she asked me if I was having a good time, my response, "What's so fun about waiting in line all day." I remember that long, hot, boring day and since then I haven't had any desire to return. This time the choice to go was knowing that I would probably enjoy it much more watching my kids have a good time and knowing that it was in February rather than the dead of summer when thousands of people have that same idea. Jess has been looking forward to Disneyland since I told her we were going several weeks ago. All I had to say was "princesses" and she was all game. I have been using it for bribery since we made the choice to go--with great results...so I'm kind of sad that it's come and gone now. We went on a perfect, sunny, quiet day. The girls had a great time and I did too just watching them. The highlight of the day for Jessie was meeting Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. She was twirling her dress with nervousness as she talked to them and seemed stunned that they were actually in front of her. We got their pictures and autograph, and a big smile out of Jessie. Overall consensus... I would do it again.
Exhausted after a long day...
Part of what I love about going to California is my Aunt's beautiful garden. Although they live just a jump and a skip from downtown Los Angeles, you step into their backyard and forget about all the noise and traffic. My Aunt has taken special care of it, and while there, we enjoyed tangelos and guacamole with fresh squeezed lime juice all from her backyard. You've got to love the year round harvest there. All I could say to represent Oregon in that area was, my tulips are blossoming...
2 comments:
How fun! We plan on taking Dax to Disneyworld next year for his 3rd birthday. I am sure it will be fun. I have always loved going to disney land as a kid.
I'm so glad you had such a good time on your trip. I love the pics - I love that Jessie wore her princess dress and I love that Tegan has her baby. :)
Post a Comment