Three years ago Tom, Jessie, and I relocated to an unfamiliar place leaving behind our family, jobs, and friends. I'll admit I came to Eugene nervous, and a little frazzled after just giving birth and packing up our things. In almost every way I have been pleasantly surprised at this place and have grown to love it. As Tommy studied his brains out, I became familiar with all of the things that Eugene has to offer. Many explorations have been done with good friends, others on my own, and on rare occasions Tommy was able to accompany me.
Before I knew it Tommy graduated and the intense studying began for the Bar. There were some nights I felt a little bitter and wished for him to be home with us, and another part of me trying to slow time down knowing that finishing the bar meant moving forward with our future plans.
So here we are!!! All the planning, hard work (mostly Tommy), anticipation, and waiting and before I know it it's come and gone like a flash. My husband has finished what he set out to do and we've made it through alive. We still have a couple months left in this place that I could call home forever and we are going to try to enjoy every minute of it.
Soon we'll be packing up again and moving to a new place and I will feel nervous and maybe a little frazzled. We will be leaving behind, friends that feel like family, jobs, and so much more. We will be carrying with us one more beautiful baby that joined our family here, some odds and ends we've collected since we've been here, and lots of amazing memories.
Congratulations to my husband for making it this far and thank you for taking us on this journey with you. We've missed you and love having you back.

Tommy in his home away from home (law library) studying.
No comments:
Post a Comment